Listed below are the awesome therapies we provide here at Woodling Chiropractic!
- To relieve the pain
- To increase the blood flow mainly cutaneous and local blood flow
- To stimulate the muscles so that the recuperation process will be fastened
- To reduce the swelling and edema of the bodily parts
The types of spinal conditions treated include degenerative disc disease, facet syndrome, herniated disc, sciatica, and spinal stenosis.
What are some of the benefits of decompression therapy technology?
The value of this treatment varies among patients. In general, benefits include:
- Forces to the spine are better and more effectively controlled
- Pressure within an intervertebral disc can be reduced and helps to decompress discs and alleviate nerve pain (i.e. sciatica)
- Helps to restore disc function
- During the pull, a suction or vacuum effect draws in oxygen, and…
What are the health benefits and risks of acupuncture?
While all therapies have benefits and risks, acupuncture is a very safe therapeutic procedure.
The possible benefits of acupuncture are:
- When performed correctly it is safe.
- There are very few side effects.
- It is a very effective combination treatment.
- It is effective in controlling some types of pain.
- It may be considered for patients who do not respond to pain medications.
- It is a useful alternative for patients who do not want to take pain medications.
- Anti-Inflammatory: MLS Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Analgesic: MLS Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain-killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
- Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilation and an increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
- Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS® Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
- Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increases the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing.
- Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS® Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.
MLS Laser Therapy is a non-invasive, safe, and effective treatment modality where light is used to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and promote wound healing and soft tissue repair. Our laser is the only multi-wave locked system, dual wave, fully robotic laser therapy system on the market. This means deeper penetration with no heat produced allowing faster healing with no known side effects. It has been cleared by the FDA since 2009.
Why Laser is Different?
MLS Laser Therapy is a medical breakthrough therapeutic device with unparalleled applications and treatment outcomes. The Laser works by converting light into biochemical energy, resulting in normal cell function, which causes symptoms (PAIN) to disappear.
The primary biological action of laser results from the stimulation of cellular transport mechanisms in the mitochondria, cell membranes, and epithelial tissues. This action causes the release of vasodilating chemicals, the stimulation of DNA and RNA (Building blocks) synthesis, an increase in enzyme production, an increase of superoxide dismutase activity, normalization of tissue pH, and increased ATP production. (Healing of the cells from the inside)
The increase of vasodilatation (blood supply) and improved microcirculation will increase the supply of cellular nutrition promoting tissue repair and remodeling (which means you heal faster). A significant reduction in edema (swelling) is also noted.
How is the treatment done?
The laser is fully robotic and placed 8 inches above the skin allowing the healing energy to penetrate tissue, where it interacts with various intracellular bio-molecules resulting in the restoration of normal cell function. This also enhances the body’s natural healing processes. In essence, light energy is converted into biochemical energy. Think of this as photosynthesis in plants.
The result is normal cell functions are restored. The process results in the disappearance of symptoms and increases the speed at which your body heals. Other Effects include the immune system response is stimulated, lymphatic drainage is improved, & the body’s natural healing process is enhanced.
The beneficial physiological changes noted above are the result of tissue regeneration and cellular stimulation. This is possible because we are using the newest and most powerful laser technology available to help our patients live a pain-free life.
IV Vitamin Infusions
A method of infusing a blend of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, chelating agents, and antioxidants directly into the vein and is a quick, efﬁcient, safe and powerful way of administering vital nutrients into the body for a more natural balance of immunity, defense against illnesses and energy while hydrating the body overall.
The introduction of vitamins intravenously provides a better result because of the bypass of the digestive tract and has the ability to absorb directly to enhance the plasma or blood availability of any given nutrient providing a much more helpful or accelerated cellular rejuvenation and response. The outcome is an opportunity to restore energy and stamina as well as improve the transport of other nutrients from the blood into the cells as a result of a more healthy body.
Some of the conditions that may be improved by any one of our Vitamin blends may include. but not limited to, chronic fatigue, muscle spasm, ﬁbromyalgiamigraines, seasonal allergies, asthma, sinusitis, viral illnesses and colds, POTS, and various infections. With some illnesses, it is wise to consult your primary physician for an opinion on the use of vitamins. One of the greatest beneﬁts of IV therapy is that it bypasses your stomach for the required absorption so you get 100% of the beneﬁts where if you take vitamins orally it must pass through your stomach for absorption and you only get about 28% of the beneﬁts according to research. As a note please know that the use of IV vitamin therapy’s not a solution to any and all illnesses and diseases. but rather as a supplement to aid in wellness providing the
nutrients most people miss these days because of busy schedules and over-processed foods that may eliminate those vital nutrients. Hydration is also the key to improved energy and stamina as well as overall wellbeing.
The following is just a small list and brief description of some of the most popular IV Vitamin Infusions we can offer. Note that an evaluation and questionnaire are required and consultation with your IV technician will be required on your ﬁrst visit. A discussion of what your expectations are and how you will potentially feel following your infusion and any recommendations for additional care as well as how often. All of our blends can be modiﬁed to meet your speciﬁc needs.